Dedicated to helping people in the Kentucky area come to terms with their homosexuality. While educating the public that we are not monsters but normal people just like everybody else with the exception of who we are attracted to.


Saturday, October 9, 2010

Sorry about the late update

I know I said I would post an update last night but I was a little late on doing so. But here is it.

I talked to my mom yesterday. I asked her if she remembers the post I showed her that lookinginlondon had posted. She goes yeah. So I told her "Mom I am lookinginlondon".  She then asked me " So your gay?" and I told her yeah mom I am gay". She just said "Well I am happy that you can tell me this son". And we talked about Lookinginlondon and some other projects that I am taking on and she told me that she was real proud of me. And that last comment is the one that made me fill with pride. For my mom to tell me she was proud of what I was doing for the lgbt community trumped any bad comment or negative email I have ever received.

It feels like a thousand pounds have been lifted off my shoulders. We have talked about it all day. She is more than ok with it and it has given me a new found courage. Yesterday was definitely one of the best days of my life. I no longer have to hide this from my mom. Thanks for all the encouraging email I received also. I appreciated all the good luck that everybody sent my way.


Thanks,
LookinginLondon

1 comments:

Kylie♥ said...

I'm so glad that your mother was that supportive. I just wish others in this world were just like that.

Post a Comment