Dedicated to helping people in the Kentucky area come to terms with their homosexuality. While educating the public that we are not monsters but normal people just like everybody else with the exception of who we are attracted to.


Monday, October 18, 2010

Wonderful weekend!

It has been a wonderful weekend. Fall has always been one of my favorite seasons. Only season I love more is winter. But I love fall because the mountains around here are always beautiful with the fall foliage. I also love to walk in the woods this time of year. You can see better with the light getting through to the ground and find all kinds of cool things.

I have always wanted to go to the natural bridge. I have never been but a lot of people I know have. I love to go in groups though. That way you can talk and have a good time as you hike. Sort of boring when you go with yourself. The only time I like to go by myself is when I need to think about something. Hiking is a great way to clear my head. The fresh air, the sounds of nature. Just so soothing.

I have taken a lot of hikes recently. I have had a lot on my mind about a lot of things. From my professional life to my family even about what I am doing with this group. Some times I think to myself... What are you doing? Your not doing anything but stirring up a hornets nest. I have gotten death threats, hate mail, called every name in the book. But then I get email from people, you know who you are, that thank me for what I am doing. I get email from supporters and fans. But the emails that truly keep me going are the ones where they say that people like me give them better hope for the future. I never fathomed that this little support group would touch people the way it has. People who are just like me and afraid of what family may think about them or what the public may think about them. I understand where they are coming from. I wished that when I was younger I had somebody to talk to about all this. It would of made life so much easier to of had a friend who understood and supported me. So you can send me ten death threats but one email from a fan or somebody reaching out to talk about it makes your threat seem so petty and small that it doesn't matter anymore.

I will be here and It will only get better. I also have plans in the future to purchase a domain name so I don't have to have such a long address. Any Ideas? Also the forum project is still on track. I have been building relationships with those that seem interested in joining it. Remember it will be by invite only so as to protect the anonymity of others. And to be a safe heaven where anything can be discussed without fear of being called out.

~LookinginLondon

1 comments:

Kylie♥ said...

I'm not gay, but I think this is a wonderful thing. Most of my friends are gay and I know what it's like for them. It will get better and things like this help. :)

Post a Comment