Dedicated to helping people in the Kentucky area come to terms with their homosexuality. While educating the public that we are not monsters but normal people just like everybody else with the exception of who we are attracted to.


Friday, November 26, 2010

1000 unique visitors

When I went to change the template back this morning I noticed that over night we hit 1000 unique viewers. So I am very excited about that.

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving and my family is still here for the remainder of the weekend. It has been a blast. I love that I have such a large family. Last night we went to walmart at midnight. I know craziest idea yet that we have done. There was 7 of us including our two youngest cousins who are 10 and 11.  I never really got to look at anything for watching them and making sure they didn't wonder off in the crowd. It was really crazy.

For me the hardest thing has been having to listen to some of the things my family has said this weekend. I have no problem with a good gay joke or even hearing somebody refer to something as being gay. I don't really like it. But I am not going to cause a scene because of it. As far as the gay jokes, most are pretty funny to me.  But the hard part is when I hear them seriously condemn homosexuals. It gets hard to listen to such stuff all the time. I want so bad just to tell them that I am gay just so they can see that I am not a monster. But I am also afraid that this could back fire as well. One day they will regret the things they have said and realize how hurtful they have been. But I try not to let it get me down to much. I still understand that it is because they don't know the real facts.

I hope everybody had a wonderful Thanksgiving. And is having a wonderful Black Friday.

~LookingInLondon

2 comments:

Lesbian Life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lesbian Life said...

That is awesome about the 1000 views so far...As for the rest, I know it can be pretty uncomfortable. Kind of had some issues with my cousins overhearing conversation between me and a gay friend that was with us for th holiday. The cousins were really uncomfortable at first and it took them a while to open up to us and join in the conversation....It ended smoothly though so all was well! Hope to see you again soon!

Post a Comment