Dedicated to helping people in the Kentucky area come to terms with their homosexuality. While educating the public that we are not monsters but normal people just like everybody else with the exception of who we are attracted to.


Friday, November 19, 2010

hmmmm....

I know I haven't posted in a few days but this is because of maybe a few things. For one I have been extremely busy, more busy than normal. And I have had a few things on my mind. Especially when it comes to this website. I think I have went about this the wrong way. My target audience is not responding as well as I would like and that means that something has to change.

I think for one is how I have sort of been politically correct everywhere I have posted. Although this may be fine for topix, facebook etc. I think for this blog I should be able to just let it flow and have fun with it. As well as everybody else also.

I remember reading a comment by a poster about the groups in Kentucky who have just lost touch with the gay community and really I am inclined to agree. I started this blog because of the teen suicides that went on during the months of September and October of this year. I wanted to reach out to those teens and people around my age who go through struggles that only somebody that age experiences. That is not meant to not include people of all ages. But I believe that I don't have the grasp on that crowd that needs it most. And again I think it has been because of how politically correct I have been.

I want even more authors for the blog. I love the ones we have now and I mean they are awesome! But I feel I sort of limited them on what they could post. From now on I have no limits. Post what you feel like you need to. Regardless of who's feelings you may hurt. This is a blog which means it is about opinions and not every bodies is going to be the same. The audience we need to reach out to that need the most help and don't know where to get it is our target audience. I don't want to read in the paper one day of a gay teen or young adult committing suicide here in London, the surrounding area or anywhere. This is something I feel very passionate about. I only wished that there was something in place before this.

What really brings this on is a few days ago I was talking with somebody and they were worried about how it would look if we showed recognition to a 14 year old in Michigan for speaking out against anti-gay bullying. I was told we didn't want to look like we were "going after kids". But it is time to reach out a helping hand in helping teens understand. That is who needs the most help. They don't know where to go to get more information. They are afraid and feel alone. I really got upset that this was the opinion that the organization was running off of.

I hear stories all the time of bullied teens and it sickens me. I think the area high schools need to start a GSA (Gay Straight Alliance). This would help so many.

But what point I am getting at is that, by posting content that is really relevant and being less politically correct we will be able to help a wider range of people.

I would also like some ideas from the readers on what we can do to make the site better. I know you guys can speak. The comments are anonymous. Feel free to post anything. And remember we are always looking for more authors.

~LookingInLondon

0 comments:

Post a Comment