Dedicated to helping people in the Kentucky area come to terms with their homosexuality. While educating the public that we are not monsters but normal people just like everybody else with the exception of who we are attracted to.


Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Hit the spot

I have to agree with Looking on the previous post. The Holidays are a great time of year, especially for family purposes. However, when it comes to some peoples situations, it can be a sad depressing time for many. Even if your homeless, lost a family member, or just can't afford to give your children a nice present or nice dinner. I'm not sure of how good this was of me or if I should have said something, but I watched a woman at Walmart take things up to the cash register and go to check out and over spend on what she had in the shopping cart, she was able to buy the milk but she had 2 toy trains that she also wanted to buy. After she told the cashier that she couldn't afford to buy them she checked out with the milk and walked away. While she was walking a Thomas the train toy was stuffed in the cart between her huge purse and umbrella . Do tell me if I'm giving people to much credit, but the reason that I didn't say a word is because in my mind, I had some hope left and was hoping a kid would have a new toy to play with. I never judge anyone because I never know what there situation in life is. Also a nice thing to do is go around a couple days before thanksgiving handing out warm meals to people less fortunate, its a warming experince to see the smiles on someones face when you bring boxes of food to them. For Christmas the church usually gets the members together and pick families in the community to hand out gifts to the kids and another warm meal. Nothing beats giving a child a present and watching them rip into it and a amazing smile of happniess. Any comments on if I done the right thing for the woman at Walmart?
Hope to post more soon. Have a nice Thanksgiving everyone, and say a prayer for the less fortunate before you dig into the turkey!

0 comments:

Post a Comment