Dedicated to helping people in the Kentucky area come to terms with their homosexuality. While educating the public that we are not monsters but normal people just like everybody else with the exception of who we are attracted to.


Thursday, November 4, 2010

Support group.

Since this is a support group I wondered if there were any stories that you would like to share. I am also looking for people who may also want to admin this blog. For example monitor it and post stories, links and videos. But I would like to hear more about other people's struggles who would like to share. I have heard from many of you privately and if you would like to share anything feel free to email me. Also if you are interested in becoming an admin/moderator let me know and we will get you all set up.

*Note* You will have to have a Google account to become an admin. If you need any help let me know. They take let than 15 seconds to create really.

~LookinginLondon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stories about someones childhood is great to tell, but I would like to hear from people is how they think their parents would deal with it. Since everyone knows in the state of Kentucky theres no such thing as having a family with no religion. At least in this part of the state, what I wonder is about the people that I haven't told their families. How do you think it will effect your or your relationship with your family? For some with a caring family, the family would like accept it it would take some time, but everything takes time. With others that don't have such a caring families, I wonder how they would act towards it? Would love to hear some brainstorming and thoughts about this subject. Tons of empathy about this question should be felt, most are in this situation.

Looking said...

I myself am in that situation. I have only told my mom. But as I have stated previously my grandmother was the one who raised me as a child. The most important thing you can do when you come out to your parents is show them that you are no different then what they though of you before you told them. As I come out to more of my family members I will post my stories online as well.

I have heard a few stories but they are ones that have been told in confidence and that is why I posted the post I did. I want people to feel safe enough to post on here. They don't have to give up their anonymity it is completely safe. But if you don't feel safe you can always email me and we can talk like that.

Shannon said...

Would love to help admin, even if only as a once a week thing! I think it might help to get thoughts and feelings out that I really dont share with anyone! If you want me to just let me know! Call or txt or FB me!!!!

Post a Comment